adscrpt

February 7, 2011

Android: The Little Phone That Could

 
Palm IIIc
  Long before most of the world decided apps were bigger than sliced bread, I have been tinkering.  I had every app, or "program" as they were called in the early days of Palm for devices like the m105 and Palm 3C.  I designed and programmed mobile apps for Palm and Windows OS, including online poker, surgery followup and tracking, as well as a low level device driver for a patent prototype.  Needless to say, not much gets me excited in this realm anymore.  Every new app is just an old app with a new face and half the world is running around talking about the next big app or the iPhone killer or just the iPhone itself…
 




Huawei U8100
 
That was, until I used my new Google Android phone for about a week and know it’s the best phone I’ve ever owned.  Most of the magic happened when I looked at the cheap import piece of electronics that this operating system called home… I love to know I could drop my electronic gizmo off a cliff and not lose a heartbeat.  I suddently didn’t care about the new line of GHz monsters, high def displays, samsung mobile projectors,  or even the long anticipated Windows 7 phone anymore.   I had everything I wanted and more in a $100 phone.  It’s an open framework, runs Linux, Java and C++ code, runs it fast, bug free and has enough eye candy to soften even the most die hard apple groupie.  Whats more is you can plug it into any computer without the iBoos software I can't even type or prounounce without getting into a rut.  Bang for buck, best money I ever spent on a gadget, or should I say a real phone!

Google Android API Information

0 comments:

Post a Comment